Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of North Naples has created this section to provide water damage tips for your business. It is critical that when you experience a water loss that you let the professionals at SERVPRO of North Naples handle from start to finish. It is important that we make sure each step is carefully taken, to prevent secondary damages from occurring. If you have questions along the way it is important to make sure that you ask, so we can help educate you to understand the process from start to finish. Experiencing a water loss can be a stressful time for you and your family and we want to be there to help and make it as painless as possible.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (239) 592-0100
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.